South Carolina Closing Grain Bids
Columbia, SC Wednesday, January 23, 2013 USDA-SC Dept Ag Market News
South Carolina closing cash grain bids as of 3:00 P.M. Prices delivered
to country elevators or processors. New crop bids noted with (*).
US 2 Yellow Corn was 7 to 8 cents lower.
US 1 Yellow Soybeans were 14 to 15 cents lower.
US 2 Red Wheat had too few bids to trend.
New Crop US 2 Yellow Corn had too few bids to trend.
New Crop US 1 Yellow Soybeans had too few bids to trend.
New Crop US 2 Red Wheat was 3 to 5 cents lower.
CORN: Country Elevators---7.00 and *5.70 at Kingstree; *5.92 at Lynchburg; 7.51
and *6.00 at Estill; Processors---7.41 at Orangeburg 2; 8.21 at Monetta; 8.08
and *6.32 at Sumter; 7.81 at Cassett.
SOYBEANS: Country Elevators---13.62 at Anderson; 13.37 at Kingstree; 13.72 at
Lynchburg; 13.47 at Orangeburg 2; 14.07 and *12.73 at Estill; Processors---14.38
at Kershaw; Export---No bid at Mt. Pleasant.
WHEAT: Country Elevators---*7.38 at Anderson; 7.00 at Kingstree; *6.89 at
Lynchburg; *6.88 at Estill; Processors---No Bid at Orangeburg 2; *7.57
at Sumter; 7.75 at Columbia.
COUNTRY ELEVATORS US 2 Yellow US 1 Yellow US 2 Soft Red
Corn Soybeans Wheat
Cash New Crop Cash New Crop Cash New Crop
Anderson 13.62 7.38
Kingstree 7.00 5.70 13.37 7.00
Lynchburg 5.92 13.72 6.89
Orangeburg 2 13.47
Estill 7.51 6.00 14.07 12.73 6.88
Orangeburg 2 7.41
Sumter 8.08 6.32 7.57
Mt. Pleasant No Bid
Source: South Carolina Dept of Ag-USDA Market News, Columbia, SC
803-737-4671. For more info check out the internet at
No matching related articles at this time.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture