Portland, OR Daily Grain Report
Portland, OR Mon Sep 30, 2013 USDA Market News
Portland Daily Grain Report
Bids as of 9:30 a.m. Pacific time; Subject to change
Bids for grains delivered to Portland, Oregon during October by unit
trains and barges, in dollars per bushel, except oats, corn and barley,
in dollars per cwt. Bids for soft white wheat are for delivery periods
as specified. All other wheat bids are for full October delivery.
Bids for corn are for 30 day delivery.
December wheat futures trended one to 2.75 cents per bushel lower
compared to Friday’s closes.
Bids for US 1 Soft White Wheat for October delivery in unit trains
or barges trended steady to 1.25 cents per bushel lower than Friday’s
noon bids for October delivery. Some exporters are not issuing bids for
Bids for 11.5 percent protein US 1 Hard Red Winter Wheat for October
delivery were not available in early trading as most exporters are not
issuing bids for nearby delivery.
Bids for 14 percent protein non-guaranteed US 1 Dark Northern Spring
Wheat for October delivery were not well tested in early trading, but
bids trended 2.75 cents per bushel lower than Friday’s noon bids for
October delivery, in lining up with the lower Minneapolis wheat futures.
Some exporters were not issuing bids for nearby delivery.
Bids for US 2 Yellow Corn delivered to Portland and the Yakima Valley
were not available.
All wheat bids in dollars per bushel
US 1 Soft White Wheat - delivered by Unit Trains and Barges *
Oct mostly 7.1625, ranging 7.0500-7.2175
US 1 White Club Wheat - delivered by Unit Trains and Barges *
Oct mostly 7.5275, ranging 7.5175-7.5500
*Not fully established.
US 1 Hard Red Winter Wheat - (Exporter bids-falling numbers of 300 or
Ordinary protein NA
10 pct protein NA
11 pct protein NA
11.5 pct protein
12 pct protein NA
13 pct protein NA
US 1 Dark Northern Spring Wheat (with a minimum of 300 falling numbers, a maximum
of 0.5 part per million vomitoxin, and a maximum of one percent total damage) *
13 pct protein 7.4375-7.6875
14 pct protein
15 pct protein 8.5875-9.0375
16 pct protein 8.9875-9.6375
US 2 Yellow Corn in dollars per CWT
Domestic-single rail cars
Delivered full coast-BN NA
Delivered to Portland NA
Rail and Truck del to Willamette Vly NA
Rail del to Yakima Valley NA
Truck del to Yakima Valley NA
US 2 Heavy White Oats in dollars per CWT ** 12.7500
** Not well tested.
Exporter Bids Portland Rail/Barge Aug 2013
Averages in Dollars per bushel
US 1 Soft White by Unit Trains and Barges 7.3200
US 1 Hard Red Winter (Ordinary protein) 7.9900
US 1 Hard Red Winter (11.5% protein) 8.1100
US 1 Dark Northern Spring (14% protein) 8.3900
Source: USDA Market News Service, Portland, OR
Niki Davila 503-326-2237 Portland.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour Market Report 503-326-2022
8:49 P nd
No matching related articles at this time.
- What to do now in regards to the 2014 Farm Bill
- Mistakes that hurt a farm's credit
- Mycogen Seeds introduces four new sunflower hybrids for 2015
- China cuts cotton import quotas to boost demand for its own fiber
- Hog futures the exception to bearish ag market rule Monday AM
- Gangster herbicide program update
- Despite USDA approval, Enlist trait faces hurdles
- Activist investor Peltz pushes DuPont to split itself
- USDA approves Dow’s Enlist corn, soybean traits
- Mapping technology help farmers understand soil
- Study shows differences in understanding sustainable agriculture
- Vilsack urged Buffett to ready BNSF for record crops
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report