Exports: Corn jumps, soybeans steady
According to the USDA's latest U.S. Export Sales report, corn net sales of 769,800 metric tons (MT) for the 2012-2013 marketing year were up noticeably from last week and from the 4-week average.
Increases reported for Japan (457,700 MT, including 59,700 MT switched from unknown destinations and decreases of 1,200 MT), unknown destinations (98,900 MT), Guatemala (63,300 MT), Venezuela (33,000 MT), Jamaica (26,800 MT), and Cuba (25,000 MT), were partially offset by decreases for Trinidad (4,300 MT). Net sales of 188,800 MT for delivery in the 2013/2014 marketing year were for Japan. Exports of 394,600 MT were up 70 percent from the previous week and 21 percent for the prior 4-week average. The primary destinations were Japan (135,600 MT), Mexico (132,700 MT), South Korea (65,800 MT), Cuba (25,000 MT), Venezuela (12,500 MT), and Jamaica (8,800 MT).
Optional Origin Sales: For MY 2012/2013, outstanding optional origin sales total 253,000 MT, and are for South Korea (223,000 MT), and Mexico (30,000 MT).
The report also showed that soybean net sales of 543,600 MT for the 2012-2013 marketing year were down 3 percent from the previous week, but up 8 percent from the prior 4-week average. Increases reported for China (394,700 MT, including 60,000 MT switched from unknown destinations and decreases of 53,500 MT), Japan (105,500 MT, including 91,000 MT switched from unknown destinations and decreases of 700 MT), the Netherlands (98,400 MT, including 90,000 switched from unknown destinations), France (54,500 MT, switched from unknown destinations), and South Korea (49,000 MT, switched from unknown destinations), were partially offset by decreases for unknown destinations (312,800 MT).
Exports of 1,976,400 MT were up 9 percent from the previous week and 14 percent from the prior 4-week average. The primary destinations were China (1,339,000 MT), Japan (120,500 MT), the Netherlands (98,400 MT), Mexico (87,700 MT), and Taiwan (79,300 MT).
Exports for Own Account: Exports for own account totaling 24,000 MT, all to Canada.
Optional Origin Sales: For MY 2012/2013, outstanding optional origin sales total 57,700 MT, all Canada.
|REPORT||THIS WEEK||LAST WEEK||DIFFERENCE|
|SALES||10 WEEKS||27 WEEKS||THIS YEAR|
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
No matching related articles at this time.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Ports and River Receiving Systems