Exports: Corn sinks slightly, soybeans soar
Optional Origin Sales: For 2013/2014, outstanding optional origin sales total 130,000 MT, all China.
On Wednesday soybean futures ended higher on positive export news. Nearby soybean futures rose moderately in early trading on Thursday, though deferred contracts were depressed by a possible surge in South American supplies and a large U.S. crop later in 2013. March beans gained 6.5 cents to $14.64 in Wednesday night activity, while March soyoil slipped 0.10 cents to 49.17 cents/pound, whereas March meal climbed $3.3 to $432.6/ton.
|REPORT||THIS WEEK||LAST WEEK||DIFFERENCE|
|SALES||10 WEEKS||27 WEEKS||THIS YEAR|
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture