Corn stocks down 14 percent from June 2011
According to the USDA's latest Grain Stocks report, corn stocks in all positions on June 1, 2012 totaled 3.15 billion bushels, down 14 percent from June 1, 2011. Of the total stocks, 1.48 billion bushels are stored on farms, down 12 percent from a year earlier.
Off-farm stocks, at 1.67 billion bushels, are down 16 percent from a year ago. The March - May 2012 indicated disappearance is 2.87 billion bushels, compared with 2.85 billion bushels during the same period last year.
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Anti-GMO proposal denounced at Safeway shareholder meeting