Corn stocks down 14 percent from June 2011
According to the USDA's latest Grain Stocks report, corn stocks in all positions on June 1, 2012 totaled 3.15 billion bushels, down 14 percent from June 1, 2011. Of the total stocks, 1.48 billion bushels are stored on farms, down 12 percent from a year earlier.
Off-farm stocks, at 1.67 billion bushels, are down 16 percent from a year ago. The March - May 2012 indicated disappearance is 2.87 billion bushels, compared with 2.85 billion bushels during the same period last year.
- USDA reminds farmers of 2014 farm bill conservation compliance
- AgGateway offers precision ag standards for seeding operations
- Phytech reveals its PlantBeat service to U.S. farmers
- Accurate plant tissue analysis starts at the crop sample
- Livestock futures tumble Wednesday morning
- Agreement to deliver real time data and precision analytics