Corn stocks down 10 percent from March 2012
According to the USDA's latest Grain Stocks report, corn stocks in all positions on March 1, 2013 totaled 5.40 billion bushels, down 10 percent from March 1, 2012. Of the total stocks, 2.67 billion bushels are stored on farms, down 16 percent from a year earlier. Off-farm stocks, at 2.73 billion bushels, are down 4 percent from a year ago.
The December 2012 - February 2013 indicated disappearance is 2.63 billion bushels, compared with 3.62 billion bushels during the same period last year.
Soybeans stored in all positions on March 1, 2013 totaled 999 million bushels, down 27 percent from March 1, 2012. Soybean stocks stored on farms are estimated at 457 million bushels, down 18 percent from a year ago. Off-farm stocks, at 543 million bushels, are down 34 percent from last March.
Indicated disappearance for the December 2012-February 2013 quarter totaled 967 million bushels, down 3 percent from the same period a year earlier.
All wheat stored in all positions on March 1, 2013 totaled 1.23 billion bushels, up 3 percent from a year ago. On-farm stocks are estimated at 237 million bushels, up 9 percent from last March. Off-farm stocks, at 997 million bushels, are up 2 percent from a year ago.
The December 2012 - February 2013 indicated disappearance is 436 million bushels, down 6 percent from the same period a year earlier. Durum wheat stocks in all positions on March 1, 2013 totaled 42.4 million bushels, up 18 perce nt from a year ago. On-farm stocks, at 21.4 million bushels, are up 20 percent from March 1, 2012. Off-farm stocks totaled 21.0 million bushels, up 17 percent from a year ago.
The December 2012 - February 2013 indicated disappearance of 18.6 million bushels is up 52 percent from the same period a year earlier.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Conference to address “What’s Next for Farmland Values”
Junge Control Inc.