Corn planted acreage highest since 1937
According to the USDA's Acreage report, corn planted area for all purposes in 2012 is estimated at 96.4 million acres, up 5 percent from last year and represents the highest planted acreage in the United States since 1937 when an estimated 97.2 million acres were planted. Growers expect to harvest 88.9 million acres for grain, up 6 percent from last year.
- Partnership to develop nitrogen enhancement technology
- No export bonanza this year from record U.S. harvest
- Breeding soybeans that can tolerate heat, drought
- Crop storage issues may be less severe than anticipated
- Summit on herbicide resistance now available online
- Ag markets proved generally mixed Monday night
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals