Corn planted acreage highest since 1937
According to the USDA's Acreage report, corn planted area for all purposes in 2012 is estimated at 96.4 million acres, up 5 percent from last year and represents the highest planted acreage in the United States since 1937 when an estimated 97.2 million acres were planted. Growers expect to harvest 88.9 million acres for grain, up 6 percent from last year.
- Plant health improvement agents help growers do more with less
- Ag markets suffered a general divergence Wednesday
- Scientists throw light on the mechanism of plants’ ticking clock
- Stress-tolerant tomato relative sequenced
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Farmer community forum focused on farmer data