Corn planted acreage highest since 1937
According to the USDA's Acreage report, corn planted area for all purposes in 2012 is estimated at 96.4 million acres, up 5 percent from last year and represents the highest planted acreage in the United States since 1937 when an estimated 97.2 million acres were planted. Growers expect to harvest 88.9 million acres for grain, up 6 percent from last year.
- Monsanto launches Mexico center for developing GMO corn
- Verdesian Life Sciences acquires QC Corporation
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Study suggests more waters may deserve federal protection
- Fertilizer maker Mosaic cuts phosphate output
- Ag markets moved mostly lower Tuesday night
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto