Corn planted acreage highest since 1937
According to the USDA's Acreage report, corn planted area for all purposes in 2012 is estimated at 96.4 million acres, up 5 percent from last year and represents the highest planted acreage in the United States since 1937 when an estimated 97.2 million acres were planted. Growers expect to harvest 88.9 million acres for grain, up 6 percent from last year.
- Deere to lay off more than 600 at four U.S. plants
- Slow pace of rail recovery stirs fear of future woes
- The four pillars of seeing opportunities in problems
- WinField introduces Answer Tech and Data Silo
- Ohio’s largest Deere dealer to sell precision drone products
- New DuPont Afforia herbicide introduced for soybeans
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease