Corn exports dip slightly
According to the USDA latest U.S. Export Sales report, corn exports of 664,600 Metric Tons (MT) were down 5 percent from last week and 19 percent from the 4-week average. The primary destinations were Mexico (332,000 MT), Japan (187,800 MT), South Korea (65,100 MT), Honduras (19,800 MT), El Salvador (17,200 MT), and Guatemala (11,500 MT).
Net sales of 1,331,900 MT were up noticeably from the previous week and 87 percent from the prior 4-week average. Increases were reported for unknown destinations (509,500 MT), Japan (357,500 MT, including 38,500 MT switched from unknown destinations and decreases of 1,200 MT), China (214,000 MT), Mexico (104,500 MT, including 30,500 MT switched from unknown destinations and decreases of 64,200 MT), Venezuela (62,000 MT), and South Korea (55,300 MT).
Decreases were reported for Guatemala (7,900 MT) and the French West Indies (3,800 MT). Net sales of 2,140,300 MT for the 2012/2013 marketing year were reported primarily for unknown destinations (1,920,000 MT) and China (172,500 MT).
Optional Origin Sales: For MY 2011/2012, options were exercised to export corn to Mexico (30,000 MT) from the United States. For MY 2012/2013, optional origin outstanding sales total 330,000 MT, all Mexico.
Corn futures closed lower on Wednesday as favorable crop prospects across much of the Midwest pressured prices. On Thursday futures opened mixed.
|REPORT||THIS WEEK||LAST WEEK||DIFFERENCE|
|SALES||10 WEEKS||27 WEEKS||THIS YEAR|
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
No matching related articles at this time.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Declining Weigh Blend System
Ranco Fertiservice Inc.