Japanese beetles have been emerging over the last couple of weeks. With the general rainfall we had... Read more.
Many Corn Belt farmers planted corn a month earlier than usual this year, and the corn rootworms were... Read more.
Twospotted spider mite is an occasional pest of both corn and soybean in Iowa that is exacerbated... Read more.
The western corn rootworm season is progressing at an unprecedented pace, reports Professor of entomology... Read more.
Plant parasitic nematodes are in every field to some extent, ranging from no obvious crop impact to... Read more.
Corn rootworm egg hatch in Iowa can occur from late May to the middle of June, depending on accumulating... Read more.
The planting season may be wrapping up, but the crop protection season has just begun. And there are... Read more.
Record numbers of black cutworm moths have descended upon Indiana fields, and after a week of warm... Read more.
Nematodes are microscopic roundworms that attack roots of corn and other plants. In corn, nematodes... Read more.
Mild temperatures have kick-started an early planting season this year, as well as the potential for... Read more.
The discovery that more Western corn rootworms are resistant to the toxin contained in widely planted... Read more.
The spring migratory flight of black cutworm moths remained impressive across the state and the Corn... Read more.
- Fall tests for nematodes help keep crops healthy
- National Agricultural Genotyping Center announces partnership
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- EU’s leading plant scientists call for action to defend research
- Digi-Star introduces WeighLog hydraulic weighing system
- Surging U.S. dollar values weighed on ag markets Friday morning