On August 16, I traveled to Henry and Whiteside counties in northwestern Illinois, responding to a... Read more.
Focus on Corn, a nonprofit publication of the Plant Management Network, launched “Corn Rootworm and... Read more.
Beginning last week, I have seen and heard about an aphid explosion -- in corn! For the last three... Read more.
Isolated findings of resistant rootworms in Iowa emphasize that planting a refuge is more critical... Read more.
Reports have just come in of soybean aphids beginning to establish in the new growth of soybean foliage.... Read more.
The Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (BMSB), Halymorpha halys, is an invasive, exotic insect pest recently... Read more.
Plant-parasitic nematodes are microscopic worms that primarily live in the soil and feed on the roots... Read more.
Pheromone trapping began for western bean cutworm moths on Monday (June 20), and sure enough some... Read more.
It has probably been more than 10 years since Purdue University has had questions about scouting and... Read more.
Black light trap captures of European corn borer moths within the last week reveal that this once... Read more.
Numerous reports have been received of emerging corn being damaged by cutworms. The seed-applied insecticides... Read more.
By late May of each growing season, I have been asked multiple times to estimate the timing of the... Read more.
- Adequate rhizobia populations help protect soybean yields
- In-season imagery helps farmers grow and protect healthy crops
- Ag markets proved rather volatile Wednesday afternoon
- Farm Bill enables record USDA investments in rural water systems
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Do soybeans need N fertilizer?
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America