06/01/2011 7:00:00 AM
By late May of each growing season, I have been asked multiple times to estimate the timing of the... Read more.
05/27/2011 7:00:00 AM
Chad Patterson, Webster City area, recently reported finding corn flea beetles feeding on seedling corn... Read more.
05/21/2011 7:15:00 AM
Corn producers across southern and central Illinois counties should be scouting their emerging corn seedlings... Read more.
05/18/2011 7:00:00 AM
The first-round of nasty storms that hit the southern states in mid-April brought record numbers of... Read more.
05/16/2011 7:00:00 AM
As the use of biotechnology increases and more companies move forward with the U.S. Environmental... Read more.
05/13/2011 11:02:12 AM
Lately Mike Gray, University of Illinois, has received quite a few emails and calls regarding the... Read more.
05/11/2011 7:00:00 AM
Many types of plant-parasitic nematodes attack corn, in all likelihood, for as long as it has been... Read more.
05/03/2011 3:11:19 PM
• Black cutworm moth arrival has never been higher. • Moths are seeking weedy fields to... Read more.
04/27/2011 10:00:00 AM
Source: Doug Johnson, Extension Entomologist and Patty Lucas, Extension IPM Specialist, University of Kentucky 2011 captures... Read more.
04/27/2011 7:00:00 AM
Source: John Tooker, Entomology Specialist, Penn State University With the wet, cool spring, corn planting in... Read more.
04/25/2011 7:00:00 AM
Source: Purdue University Black cutworm pheromone trap cooperators throughout the state have detected the insects' arrival... Read more.
04/23/2011 7:00:00 AM
Source: John Tooker, Entomology Specialist, Penn State University As the spring progresses slowly, insect issues are... Read more.
- El Niño could strike as early as summer
- Fertilizer in small doses yields higher returns for less money
- Canada orders railways to boost grain shipments to ease logjam
- Research shows GM crops safe, no special labeling needed
- New soil health toolbox evaluates plant available nutrients
- Spectacular economic growth in China has a downside: drought
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Ports and River Receiving Systems