The spring build-up of honey bee colonies can be directly threatened by corn planting. Insecticide seed treatments used on corn seed produce an insecticidal dust when they are planted.
Many of Purdue's pheromone trapping cooperators throughout Indiana captured a significant number of black cutworm moths over the April 12-13 warm spell, just before another wave of freezing temperatures.
During 2011-2013, greater than expected root injury by western corn rootworm larvae to hybrids expressing the Cry3Bb1 protein has been reported in some Nebraska fields.
Harsh winter’s effect on corn rootworm eggs (04/08/14)
Cold weather effects on insect populations? (03/17/14)
- Avicta Complete Corn Image Brochure
- Force Insecticide with Herbicide Safety Card
- Force Insecticide on Pyramided Traits
- Force Insecticide in Corn-on-Corn Production
- Stand Strong with Force Insecticide
- Force Insecticide Pocket Card
- Root Photos: Force Insecticide on Traited Corn
- Avicta Complete Corn vs. Votivo Sell Sheet
- Southern Corn Nematode Fact Sheet
- Force on Rootworm Traits
- Force on Rootworm Trait Trials
- Force Insecticides Sell Sheet
- Midwest Corn Nematode Fact Sheet
- CruiserMaxx Corn 250 Sell Sheet
- ForceCS TechBulletin
Afternoon Comments 04/24
Corn futures reacted poorly to good export numbers Thursday. The corn figure on the weekly USDA Export Sales report came in toward the upper end of the forecast range, while shipments were huge. Futures reacted little despite big wheat gains, possibly due to formidable overhead resistance. Futures ended the day rather weakly. May corn sagged 2.25 cents to $5.0125/bushel late Thursday, while December inched down 1.75 to $5.0275.