Corn rootworm resistance to Bt corn is a significant concern for corn producers and will have a large impact on corn production in the coming years, a South Dakota State University Extension entomologist says.
Although every major field crop grown in Mississippi is responsive to at planting insect protection; field corn is perhaps the most consistent.
The cold winter thus far has prompted many folks to ask what the influence of these temperatures might be on insect and slug populations.
Corn pest decline may save farmers money (12/30/13)
Bt hybrid variety update (12/04/13)
- Avicta Complete Corn Image Brochure
- Force Insecticide with Herbicide Safety Card
- Force Insecticide on Pyramided Traits
- Force Insecticide in Corn-on-Corn Production
- Stand Strong with Force Insecticide
- Force Insecticide Pocket Card
- Root Photos: Force Insecticide on Traited Corn
- Avicta Complete Corn vs. Votivo Sell Sheet
- Southern Corn Nematode Fact Sheet
- Force on Rootworm Traits
- Force on Rootworm Trait Trials
- Force Insecticides Sell Sheet
- Midwest Corn Nematode Fact Sheet
- CruiserMaxx Corn 250 Sell Sheet
- ForceCS TechBulletin
Afternoon Comments 03/07
Long-liquidation reversed early-Friday corn gains. The Black Sea situation, sustained export strength and U.S. dollar weakness boosted the grain and soy markets Thursday night. However, the greenback bounced in response to the monthly U.S. Employment report and appeared to trigger active profit-taking by bulls ahead of the weekend and Monday’s WASDE report. The week-ending breakdown was not encouraging. May corn settled 2.0 cents lower at $4.89/bushel Friday afternoon, while December lost 4.5 to $4.8475.