Corn rootworms are becoming a more common insect pest of corn in North Dakota. Northern corn rootworms are more common this year than the western corn rootworms.
Syngenta announced that it has renewed and enhanced its program with Gavilon Grain, LLC, to provide grain marketing opportunities for U.S. farmers who plant Agrisure Duracade in 2015.
Fall armyworms and corn borers have long been a concern for Louisiana corn growers. While farmers in the U.S. have planted transgenic Bt corn varieties since the 1990s to biologically control pests, staying ahead of their ability to develop resistance is a constant battle.
Watch for mites in this dry weather (08/13/14)
Six steps to identify corn rootworm damage (07/28/14)
- Avicta Complete Corn Image Brochure
- Force Insecticide with Herbicide Safety Card
- Force Insecticide on Pyramided Traits
- Force Insecticide in Corn-on-Corn Production
- Stand Strong with Force Insecticide
- Force Insecticide Pocket Card
- Root Photos: Force Insecticide on Traited Corn
- Avicta Complete Corn vs. Votivo Sell Sheet
- Southern Corn Nematode Fact Sheet
- Force on Rootworm Traits
- Force on Rootworm Trait Trials
- Force Insecticides Sell Sheet
- Midwest Corn Nematode Fact Sheet
- CruiserMaxx Corn 250 Sell Sheet
- ForceCS TechBulletin
Midday Report 10/24
Crop traders may be taking profits before the weekend. The grain and soy markets have performed well this week despite generally bearish fundamentals. That latter fact is probably the underlying reason for today’s CBOT slippage, with bullish corn traders taking profits on long positions ahead of the weekend. December corn futures dipped 4.5 cents to $3.5525/bushel late Friday morning, while May lost 4.5 to $3.775.