Syngenta announced that it has renewed and enhanced its program with Gavilon Grain, LLC, to provide grain marketing opportunities for U.S. farmers who plant Agrisure Duracade in 2015.
Fall armyworms and corn borers have long been a concern for Louisiana corn growers. While farmers in the U.S. have planted transgenic Bt corn varieties since the 1990s to biologically control pests, staying ahead of their ability to develop resistance is a constant battle.
There is no guarantee that mites will be a problem in any particular field, but dry (low humidity) weather and drought stressed plants increase the probability of a problem occurring.
Six steps to identify corn rootworm damage (07/28/14)
- Avicta Complete Corn Image Brochure
- Force Insecticide with Herbicide Safety Card
- Force Insecticide on Pyramided Traits
- Force Insecticide in Corn-on-Corn Production
- Stand Strong with Force Insecticide
- Force Insecticide Pocket Card
- Root Photos: Force Insecticide on Traited Corn
- Avicta Complete Corn vs. Votivo Sell Sheet
- Southern Corn Nematode Fact Sheet
- Force on Rootworm Traits
- Force on Rootworm Trait Trials
- Force Insecticides Sell Sheet
- Midwest Corn Nematode Fact Sheet
- CruiserMaxx Corn 250 Sell Sheet
- ForceCS TechBulletin
Afternoon Comments 09/16
Corn futures closed slightly higher Tuesday. The Farm Service Agency released its updated numbers concerning acreage enrolled in U.S. crop insurance programs Monday night. It boosted corn acreage and prevent planted acres from its August estimates. Futures rallied in response Monday night, turned lower, but ended the day slightly higher. Traders cited widespread bargain hunting. December corn futures closed up 0.75 cent at $3.4375/bushel Tuesday, while May rose 0.75 to $3.6425.