Insect control traits from Syngenta provide solution to aflatoxin
Ryan Britton, a farmer from Villa Ridge, Ill., utilized Afla-Guard on one of his fields where he had planted a hybrid containing the Agrisure Viptera trait and reduced aflatoxins to an almost undetectable level.
“Aflatoxin levels were great. We came off the farm with clean corn while the neighboring farms within a quarter to a half mile of one another had aflatoxin problems,” said Britton. “The combination of the two products is very good and was very effective. All of the corn tested clean.”
Afla-Guard complements hybrids containing the Agrisure Viptera trait by providing a more comprehensive approach to aflatoxin management. Afla-Guard also provides another means for managing risk in areas planted as insect trait refuge or fields planted with an insect-traited hybrid that does not offer as high a level of insect control as the Agrisure Viptera trait.
- Pinnacle Agriculture Holdings acquires Kerman Ag Resources
- Commentary: EPA’s explanation of its clean water proposal
- Vietnam grants licenses to four GM corn varieties
- Bioenergy research continues march toward energy independence
- New study charts the global invasion of crop pests
- Crop markets are mixed to higher at the start of the trading week