Farmers can take steps to manage and prevent northern corn leaf blight, a yield-reducing foliar disease,... Read more.
Foliar fungicides are touted for a variety of reasons, including "plant health," "yield bumps," and... Read more.
On June 24, we visited a grower’s field in Carroll County where we have a research study on... Read more.
Although the corn crop is planted and emerged in most Illinois fields, damage from both standing water... Read more.
Unless a corn crop is at risk of developing fungal diseases, a Purdue University study shows that... Read more.
As a result of delayed planting or planting into wet soils this season, Syngenta recommends growers... Read more.
The early 2011 growing season has had considerable cool and wet conditions. Many fields have corn... Read more.
Within the past week, Iowa State University has had several reports of corn seedlings with symptoms... Read more.
The curious phenomenon often referred to as the "twisted whorl syndrome" is showing up in some fields... Read more.
Heavy rains in some parts of Kansas over the past week or two have subjected some fields of corn to... Read more.
Recently, there has been interest in making early season fungicide applications to corn – at... Read more.
There are several leaf spot and leaf blight diseases that can develop on young corn plants anthracnose,... Read more.
- Sign-up begins for USDA disaster assistance programs
- Grain futures lagged the other ag markets Wednesday
- Pacific Coast Terminals and K+S Potash Canada sign agreement
- Soy, cotton futures led the ag markets Wednesday morning
- Monthly fertilizer prices: Comparing 2014 through 2009
- USDA releases April water supply forecast for the West
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Climate change will reduce crop yields sooner than we thought
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants