Wheat does its thing in the spring
Within another three weeks some of our wheat fields will be producing the tall stems on which the heads will be formed. We should already be scouting wheat for diseases and insects, but the most important period for scouting comes when the heads are being formed, the stage we call the “flag leaf.”
We have enjoyed some very good spring weather for wheat in recent years, but this year has not been favorable to wheat in general. Our yields may be reduced a little, but with good management from now until harvest we can still come in with a fine wheat crop. Appearance of wheat sometimes deceives people into not giving the crop the things it needs, but this is usually a mistake.If you have a decent stand, give wheat what it needs and it will reward you with good yield.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Conference to address “What’s Next for Farmland Values”
Vertical Floor Blenders