WSSA endorses strategies to reduce herbicide resistance
In addition to recommending specific BMPs, the WSSA recommends/endorses the following:
- Reduce the weed seed-bank through diversified programs that minimize weed seed production.
- Implement an herbicide mechanism of action labeling system for all herbicide products, and conduct an awareness campaign.
- Communicate that discovery of new, effective herbicide mechanisms of action is rare and that the existing herbicide resource is exhaustible.
- Demonstrate the benefits and costs of proactive, diversified weed management systems for the mitigation of herbicide-resistant weeds.
- Foster the development of incentives by government agencies and industry that conserve critical herbicide mechanisms of action as a means to encourage adoption of best practices.
- Promote the application of full-labeled rates at the appropriate weed and crop growth stage. When tank mixtures are employed to control the range of weeds present in a field, each product should be used at the specified label rate appropriate for the weeds present.
- Identify and promote individual best management practices that fit specific farming segments with the greatest potential impact.
- Engage the public and private sectors in the promotion of best management practices, including those concerning appropriate herbicide use.
- Direct federal, state and industry funding to research addressing the substantial knowledge gaps in best management practices for herbicide resistance and to support cooperative extension services as vital agents in education for resistance management.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- CLA responds to EPA’s proposed worker protection standard
Speed King Blender
CrustBuster/Speed King, Inc.