USDA will open comment period on Enlist
USDA recently moved Dow AgroSciences' Enlist corn and soybean traits to the next step in the regulatory process by announcing the availability of the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS). According to USDA, on Jan. 10 there will be a notice in the Federal Register announcing the opening of a comment period for the DEIS. The comment period is an opportunity for growers and others to provide input on the Enlist corn and soybean traits as USDA conducts its review.
“Comment periods are a key way for farmers to make their voices heard in the regulatory process,” says Bart Schott, former president, National Corn Growers Association. “I would absolutely encourage growers to tell the USDA farmers need access to new technology like Enlist. Technology enables us to compete in the global economy.”
Pending regulatory approvals, Dow AgroSciences expects to launch Enlist corn and soybeans in 2015, with cotton to follow.
“This is an exciting next step toward bringing Enlist to American farmers,” says Damon Palmer, U.S. commercial leader, Enlist Weed Control System, Dow AgroSciences. “We’ve just concluded another year focused on collaboration and education—all to pave the way for a successful introduction of the technology.”
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- Free webinar for ag retailers on strip tillage
- White House agenda on climate change impacts to natural resources
- Improved harvest weather is weighing on the crop markets Monday
- NGFA reiterates need for STB to change rail fuel surcharge rule
- 2014 World Food Prize awarded to Dr. Sanjaya Rajaram
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals