Herbicide resistance and weed management resources
Ohio State University Extension is currently in the second year of a three-year partnership of ag industry, United Soybean Board, and a number of land grant universities to provide education and resources for managing herbicide site of action and mitigating herbicide resistance. This is resulting in some additional free publications for use by agronomists, growers, CCA’s, etc. A list of what is available includes the first four items.
Examples can be found on http://agcrops.osu.edu/specialists/weeds, either in the “News of Interest” or the “Herbicide Resistance Information” sections.
“Herbicide Classification Chart," “Take Action” and “Know Your Weeds” are single page/posters. They are available in roughly a 20x30 size (glossy paper), although some foam core posters about twice this large were made. The smaller size is suitable for distributing to clientele, while the larger would be suitable for the wall of a business or office.
“Control of Marestail in No-till Soybeans” was expanded to four pages so that it provides more comprehensive information. It can be downloaded and printed as needed.
“Weed Control Guide for Ohio and Indiana” can be downloaded free as a pdf from OSU or Purdue weed science websites.
A "Palmer amaranth video” provides an overview of the biology of this weed and the problems that it has caused in the South. It can be viewed online via http://agcrops.osu.edu/specialists/weeds. This was also mailed out to ag industry and CCA’s on a DVD.
Finally, in case you are a Gotye fan or needed a fresh perspective on herbicide resistance issues, we provide this link to a video by an Australian farmer who has apparently struggled with resistance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7Kv5tl2rK0&feature=youtu.be
- International Year of Soils set for 2015
- Extra care needed for wintertime fuel handling
- CLA issues statement on EPA’s neonicotinoid report
- Cattle futures bucked the bearish ag market trend Thursday
- Valent launches new low VOC plant growth regulator
- Thursday's export data had mixed crop market implications
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement