Chitin lipo-chitin recognition by plants
Selected publications relating to this research topic:
Zhang, B., K. Ramonell, S. Somerville, and G. Stacey. 2002.Characterization of Early, Chitin-Induced Gene Expression in Arabidopsis Mol. Plant-Microbe Int. 15: 963-970
Wan, Jinrong, Shuqun Zhang, and Gary Stacey. 2004. Activation of a potential mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway in Arabidopsis by chitin. Mol. Plant Pathol. 5(1): 125-135.
Ramonell K, Berrocal-Lobo M, Koh S, Wan J, Edwards H, Stacey G and Somerville S. 2005. Loss-of-function mutations in four chitin responsive genes show increased susceptibility to the powdery mildew pathogen, Erysiphe cichoracearum. Plant Physiol. 138: 1027-1036
Libault M, Wan J, Joshi T, Zhang X, Czechowski T, Xu D, Udvardi M, Stacey G (2007) Identification of 118 Arabidopsis transcription factor and 30 ubiquitin ligase genes involved in plant defense via chitin signaling. Mol. Plant-Microbe Int. 20: 900-911.
Zhang X-C, Wu X, Findley S, Wan J, Libault M, Nguyen HT, Cannon SB, Stacey G (2007) Molecular evolution of LysM type receptor-like kinases in plants Plant Physiol. 144: 623-636.
Wan J, Zhang X, Ramonell KM, Clough S, Kim S-Y, Stacey M, Stacey G 2008) A LysM receptor-like kinase mediates chitin perception and fungal resistance in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 20: 471-481.
Wan J Zhang X, Stacey G (2008) Chitin signaling and plant disease resistance. Plant Signaling and Behavior, 3 (10): 831-833
Zhang X, Cannon SB, Stacey G (2009) Evolutionary genomics of LysM genes in land plants. BMC Evol. Boil. 9:183 (3 August 2009)
- Phomopsis stem canker in sunflowers
- Conference to help companies take next steps in eBusiness
- Energy for growing crops is large part of farm operating costs
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- 3D Robotics launches new 3DR mapping platforms
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals