Soil temperatures across much of Nebraska have dropped below 50° F, the recommended threshold for... Read more.
Have you finished applying anhydrous ammonia or an alternative form of nitrogen this fall? And by... Read more.
Phosphorous and potassium exist naturally in the soil as a part of rock, clay and other minerals that... Read more.
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - "If we don’t bring something to the table, tomorrow’s grower will be... Read more.
Warmer climates won't necessarily speed the return of nitrogen to soils as scientists once thought,... Read more.
Time and fuel represent two valuable assets for wheat farmers and management options and saving both... Read more.
In his keynote address last fall at the 11th International Conference on Precision Agriculture, Newell... Read more.
Since 1980, a group of university agronomists have conducted tests to separate fact from fiction on... Read more.
What happened to all of the nitrogen applied last fall and this spring to the 2012 corn with the intent... Read more.
Farmers are encouraged to wait until soil temperatures remain below 50 degrees Fahrenheit before... Read more.
An early harvest combined with fields that were chopped, plowed under, or harvested for biomass earlier... Read more.
Drought. The impact on crop production has been sobering, but more than yield has been affected. The... Read more.
- Toro releases guide for using micro-sprinklers for IPM
- USDA to fund $25 million in value-added producer grants
- Crop futures mostly higher, livestock prices stabilizing
- Suppress Palmer pigweed with a ryegrass cover crop
- LSU researchers look for biological controls for aflatoxin
- U.S. soft red winter wheat hit hard by head scab
- Deere to lay off more than 600 at four U.S. plants
- The four pillars of seeing opportunities in problems
- Slow pace of rail recovery stirs fear of future woes
- New DuPont Afforia herbicide introduced for soybeans
- Cooperative exits retail and automotive business
- RTK brings higher level of accuracy to farmers
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease