Source: CropLife America
Jay Vroom, president and chief executive officer of CropLife America, the nation's largest trade organization for promoting the safe and responsible use of crop protection products and its industry, has announced the appointment of CLA's board of directors. CLA made the announcement during its annual meeting last month in Orlando.
Officers of the newly elected board include Chairman Eric Wintemute, president and chief executive officer, American Vanguard Corp. Bill Buckner, president and chief executive officer of Bayer CropScience; John Chrosniak, regional business director, DuPont Crop Protection North America; Mike McCarty, president and chief executive officer, Helena Chemical Corp.; Trevor Thorley, president and chief operating officer, Valent USA Corp., were elected vice chairmen and John Rabby, president and chief executive officer, Makhteshim Agan of North America, Inc., was elected treasurer.
"CropLife America's board of directors advances CLA's strategic direction through the engagement and mobilization of stakeholders, partners and alliances", said Vroom. "Our organization is privileged to welcome those new and returning members to the board whose dedication to the pursuit of CropLife America's mission ensures the future of crop protection and farmer access to crop protection products".
In addition to officers, the following were elected or reelected to serves as members of the executive committee:
- Sean Gardner, vice president global chemistry, Monsanto Company
- Vern Hawkins, vice president commercial operations, Syngenta Crop Protection, Inc.
- Markus Heldt, group vice president, North America BASF agricultural products, BASF Corp.
- Jon Jessen, founder, Gowan Company
- Dave Tretter, executive vice president, procurement, United Agri Products, Inc.
- Robert Trogele, North American director, FMC Corp.
- Dan Vradenburg, executive vice president, Wilber-Ellis Company
The following persons were also elected to serve as directors on the board from 2008-2011:
- Jeff Allison, specialty products director, United Phosphorus, Inc.
- Steve Barwick, vice president corporate marketing and operations, GROWMARK, Inc.
- Neal Butler, president and chief executive officer, KMG Chemicals
- David Cassidy, group vice president, Tessenderlo-Kerley, Inc.
- William Culpepper, president, SePRO Corp.
- J.J. Grow, executive vice president sales, Nufarm Americas, Inc.
- Gregory Johnson, vice president of sales and marketing, Fine Americas, Inc.
- John Juvenal, president, Tenkoz, Inc.
- Andrew Lee, chief executive officer, Advan, LLC
- Bill Lewis, chief executive officer, Arysta LifeSciences North America Corp.
- Michael Lukemire, Executive Vice President, Global Technologies & Operations, The Scotts Company
- Richard Martin, president and chief executive officer, PBI/Gordon Corp.
- Martin Petersen, president and chief executive officer, Cheminova, Inc.
- Rod Schroeder, executive vice president and chief operations officer, Winfield Solutions, LLC
- Robert Shockey, founder, Drexel Chemical Company
- Roger Underwood, co-founder and chief executive officer, Becker-Underwood, Inc.
- Greg Warren, regional business vice president, Chemtura Corp.