Global Food Security Index adds adjustment factor
The Global Food Security Index addresses the underlying factors of food insecurity in 105 countries and points to areas for improvement and reforms. The interactive tool is available online at http://www.foodsecurityindex.eiu.com Features include:
- A unique feature that captures the impact of changing food prices on each country’s ability to afford food.
- Analysis of key findings.
- Definition of 25 global indicators that measure specific aspects of food affordability, accessibility, availability, nutritional value and safety.
- An interactive heat map of overall scores and detail of category results.
- Adjustable weightings to allow for scenario planning.
- The ability to compare multiple countries simultaneously and adjust rankings by indicators.
- A country details page that allows a food-security drill down into individual economies.
“This tool increases the chances of creating sustainable, science-based innovations that target specific challenges, collaborating with others on solutions and bringing know-how to the people and places that need it most,” said Borel.