The annual Chemical Sector Security Summit is a forum for attendees to exchange information and ideas as well as network with other security professionals. The event allows participants to learn about the roles of different agencies and departments involved in chemical security and ask specific questions about the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS).
Who Should Attend?
Chemical Sector, government and industry professionals involved with:
- Corporate and facility security
- Environmental issues
- Health and safety
- Transportation and distribution of chemicals
More than 350 representatives of the chemical stakeholder community attended the 2008 Summit.
Benefits of Attending
- Obtain a better understanding of the chemical security regulations
- Meet and interact with key Department of Homeland Security officials
- Discuss options for completing Site Security Plans with experts
- Learn what to expect from the inspections process
- Network with your industry peers on best practices
The 2009 Chemical Sector Security Summit promises to be an event filled with opportunities to share and exchange information, contacts, and ideas.
The preliminary agenda currently available for viewing.
There is no registration fee associated with this event. Space is limited and we expect high interest again this year, so please register early.
Location and Accommodations
The summit will take place at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront, 700 Aliceanna Street, Baltimore, Md., 21202. To reserve hotel accommodations, call (410) 385-3000 or 1-800-228-9290 or visit the hotel's Web site and mention the reservation code: socsoca. The Baltimore Marriott Waterfront also provides local transportation information. More information is also available about local restaurants and attractions.