Marrone Bio Innovations, Inc. (MBI), (NASDAQ: MBII), a leading provider of bio-based pest management and plant health products for the agriculture, turf and ornamental and water treatment markets, today announced that its CEO/Founder Dr. Pam Marrone and Formulations Group Leader Dr. Pankaj Pathak will speak at the Crops and Chemicals Conference taking place July 19 - 21, 2016 in Raleigh, North Carolina. https://lifesciences.knect365.com/crops-chemicals-usa. Dr. Marrone’s presentation is scheduled for July 20th at 11:30 AM in the Biopesticide stream of the conference. Dr. Pathak’s presentation is scheduled at 4:30 PM in the combined Agrochemical Formulation and Biopesticide stream.
Dr. Marrone’s presentation is titled, “Commercial Challenges for Bringing Biopesticides to Market: What Does it Take to Survive?” As an invited speaker, leading a company that has commercialized five new active ingredient biopesticides, she was asked to speak on the following topics:
- How have things changed over the past 10 years when it comes to commercializing biopesticides
- Recent challenges - how to deal with an evolving marketplace
- Realistic insight into the commercial world of biopesticides - what others may not tell you and what to expect along the way
- The good and the bad: why stay in this industry?
- Future vision and future goals to ensure new biopesticides reach the market
Dr. Pathak is speaking on a case study of development of Grandevo water dispersible (WDG) granule formulation, which includes:
- What were the challenges with such a formulation: processing, stability, efficacy, dispersion and scale up
- What solutions and technologies were tested to deal with challenges
- Feedback and guidance for formulators working with this formulation type: lessons learned