The WXDrift service allows an applicator to determine hourly “spray” versus “no-spray” windows during the next three days based on local, weather conditions.
An applicator chooses a field and selects application height and spray duration. An atmospheric trajectory model determines the wind speed and direction, which provides field-level guidance for the optimal time to spray. An applicator can be automatically notified of the best time for a future application by specifying the desired weather conditions for applied materials and desired period for being in the field.
The WXDrift service comes with third party, geospatial data layers that identify no-spray locations (beehives, organic crops, etc.) surrounding a field targeted for an application.
Capabilities of WXDrift:
- Designed for both ground and aerial applicators.
- Provides optimal timing for spray applications, minimizing loss of crop protectants from a field.
- Flags potential pesticide exposures to neighboring fields, people, pollinators, and wildlife, thus mitigating risk from spray drift.
- Provides an operational efficiency for private and commercial applicators planning workflow and equipment positioning.
- Overlays background maps of hourly weather variables.
- Output can be integrated with crop planning and pest scouting programs, and other precision ag map products, such as variable rate applications (VRAs).
- Has a “Plan View” tool to automatically generate and deliver a “best time to spray” report without repeated logging into the website.
- Has the ability to integrate ZedX pest and disease forecast models and pest data from mobile scouting devices.
ZedX is a company that has developed information technologies and agricultural and climatological decision support systems for agricultural business intelligence throughout the world for 25 years. Its agricultural and climatological intelligence and analytics tools support strategic and tactical decisions across the entire agricultural supply chain.
To learn more about WXDrift, you can visit wxdrift.com.