Epicor Software Corporation, a global leader in business software solutions for manufacturing, distribution, retail and services organizations, announced the Epicor Data Security Review program, a new data protection initiative designed to help independent retailers -- leveraging the Epicor Eagle retail business management solution -- mitigate the risk of a data breach through improved protection and management of business and customer data.
Securing personal data continues to be a top concern for both retailers and consumers. For the independent retailer, a data breach could be a devastating blow to the success of their business with the potential loss of customer confidence and loyalty. Though a long-term relationship with Trustwave Holdings Inc., a premier data security firm headquartered in Chicago, Ill., the Epicor Data Security Review program makes information and tools needed to pursue PCI compliance, customer data protection, and business data security available to retailers.
"As we strive to make business growth and improvement decisions that align with our customers' best interests, protecting their personal data is something we take very seriously," said Jennifer Kelly, office manager at Ace Hardware and Outdoor Center. "In light of recent publicized data breaches, the security of personal information has been top of mind for many of our customers. The Epicor Data Security Review program provides the solution to our concerns. It's simple to implement and brings major benefits to our business in terms of data security and preparing for PCI compliance -- bringing peace of mind to us, and ultimately to our customers."
According to a recent study conducted by Ponemon Institute LLC, data breaches in the United States have increased in frequency, with 43 percent of the 2014 survey respondents noting their company had a data breach, up from 33 percent the prior year. Notably, sixty percent of the respondents said their company experienced more than one data breach in the past two years.1
"We understand the challenges our retail customers face, as looming data breach concerns have them responding to numerous consumer and process questions about data security," said Mark Fair, vice president, customer services and support, retail distribution solutions for Epicor. "The Epicor Data Security Review is designed to reduce the risks associated with a data breach, by identifying and promoting security best practices specific to a retailer's particular business requirements. This program will help retailers interested in improving the protection of their data and network security, and PCI-DSS compliance requirements, to take the next steps toward safeguarding their business environment."
Epicor Eagle users implementing the Epicor Data Security Review program will receive on-site assessments of their network completed by a trusted Epicor Local Platform Specialist (LPS). The program is customized and designed specifically for each user's unique business network and software set-up. Epicor Data Security Review also features a six-month access package to a secure Trustwave Portal, with additional benefits including*:
- Data Breach Coverage - includes six months of data breach coverage up to $50,000 per store ($500,000 maximum)
- Customized PCI Wizard and "To Do" List - application that will walk users step-by-step through the Self-Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ). The "To Do" list clearly and simply tracks security gaps that need action. The customized PCI wizard automatically fills in the pertinent Epicor Eagle technical information to reduce workload
- Vulnerability Scan Management - Trustwave TrustKeeper scan engine is integrated into the process and provides scanning of the users' firewall, as well as prepares reports for their processor
- Security Policy Advisor Templates - documents available for download within the portal that will aid the user in completing PCI DSS requirements
- 24/7 Helpline - access to a helpline that will assist users in navigating the Trustwave portal
To learn more about Epicor Data Security Review, please contact your Epicor representative, call Epicor toll-free at 888-463-4700, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.