Upcoming annual meetings of the Weed Science Society of America (WSSA) and regional weed science organizations are expected to offer new perspectives on a wide range of issues vital to the future – from how to manage herbicide-resistant weeds to new advances in weed control technologies.
The WSSA’s annual meeting is scheduled for February 6-9, 2017, in Tucson, Arizona. The wide-ranging agenda includes multiple symposia and workshops. Among the topics are:
- Precision Agriculture and Weed Science
- Understanding and Reducing the Impact of Herbicide Off-Site Movement
- Contributions of USDA ARS Area-Wide Projects to Weed Science Research and Practice
- Navigating the New Landscape of Federal Funding for Weed Science Research
- Teaching Undergraduate Weed Science: Strategies to Improve Learning
Additional details and registration information are available online at the Society’s website.
- North Central Weed Science Society (NCWSS), December 12-15, 2016
NCWSS will convene in Des Moines, Iowa, for its annual meeting. Further details will be posted soon at www.ncwss.org.
- Southern Weed Science Society (SWSS), January 23-25, 2017
The SWSS annual meeting is scheduled for Birmingham, Alabama. Registration information and meeting details will be posted soon at www.swss.ws.
- Northeastern Weed Science Society (NEWSS), January 3-6, 2017
NEWSS will hold its annual meeting in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It also will host the second annual Northeastern Plant, Pest and Soils Conference. Details will be posted soon at www.newss.org.
- Western Society of Weed Science (WSWS), March 13-16, 2017
The WSWS annual meeting will be held in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. Details will be posted soon at www.wsweedscience.org.