WinField introduces Answer Tech and Data Silo
WinField continues to strengthen its agricultural technology leadership capabilities with solutions aimed at enabling retailers to help farmers optimize yield potential and make well-informed in-season management decisions.
Answer Tech by WinField is a web portal and mobile app store that brings together top agronomic decision-support and management applications in one complete toolbox. Answer Tech will provide education, evaluation, and access to all WinField proprietary and partnered apps.
Enabling the tools in Answer Tech is the WinField Data Silo — a secure, cloud-based data-management system created with industry-leading technologies. With the WinField Data Silo, agronomists can securely store and manage their farmers’ data for use with the tools available in Answer Tech, which includes both proprietary tools like the R7 Tool and partnered apps.
“Answer Tech allows agronomists to coordinate all their ag technology tools easily and securely,” said Dave Gebhardt, Ph.D., director of agronomic data and technology, WinField. “Answer Tech is an insights delivery system that allows apps to work harmoniously together. And, the WinField Data Silo offers a way for farmers to make better decisions by making more of their own data usable through the use of various tools.”
In addition, Answer Tech includes a unique combination of best-in-class agronomic data, weather information and data science offered through Climate Pro by WinField. Exclusively available through WinField-affiliated retailers, Climate Pro™ by WinField will be powered by proprietary data such as plant nutrition information from the WinField NutriSolutions 360° System, spray application guidance from the patented Spray Analysis System, and product performance and characterization information from the Answer Plot Program.
Climate Pro by WinField will include unique, cobranded decision-support tools called “advisors,” and provide insights from WinField’s trusted agronomic data backed by hyper-local weather monitoring, agronomic data modeling and high-resolution weather simulations from The Climate Corporation.
“Agricultural technology is advancing at a rapid rate, and we are dedicated to staying ahead of these changes,” said Gebhardt. “Working with The Climate Corporation incorporates a couple of pieces of the puzzle that WinField was missing: data science and weather.”
Climate Pro by WinField will be available through Answer Tech at WinField aligned retailers in 2015. For more information, visit www.winfield.com.
- US soy exports to China could drop with crush-margins at 2-yr low
- Corn to see record production for 2014-15
- Maximizing buyer power in volatile markets
- Insight into drought tolerance of TAM wheat varieties
- Ag markets turned mostly lower Tuesday morning
- GMO safety, weed control top concerns as U.S. study kicks off
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Stoller soybean research produces 214 bushels per acre
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America