Platform Specialty Products Corp. to acquire Agriphar
Daniel H. Leever, Platform's Chief Executive Officer, commented, "The Agriphar transaction fits well within our stated framework of bolstering our capabilities in key verticals through bolt-on acquisitions. Agriphar's asset-lite/high-touch business aligns with our disciplined M&A criteria and demonstrates our ability to execute against our clearly-defined growth strategy. We believe this immediately accretive transaction will position us as a strong, global player in the agrochemicals space, and Agriphar's team of highly-skilled technicians and highly-specialized products will enable to us to capitalize on the favorable dynamics within the industry."
Lazard and Barclays Capital acted as financial advisors and Allen & Overy acted as legal counsel to Platform on the transaction. Bank Degroof and Tegris Advisors served as financial advisors and Koehler-Magne-Serres Avocats served as legal counsel for Agriphar.
- Irrigation Association to release online courses with Cal Poly
- Monsanto to invest $120 million in Argentina
- Ag markets ended Tuesday mostly lower
- Fat molecules influence function of key photosynthesis protein
- Monsanto honored for efforts in developing agriculture in Vietnam
- Corn stocks top 1.2 billion bushels
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto