PH-D fungicide approved for California strawberries
Arysta LifeScience North America recently received approval from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for use of PH-D fungicide on strawberries in California.
With PH-D, strawberry growers in California now have an effective tool to manage Botrytis cinerea (Botrytis fruit rot). The unique mode of action in PH-D makes it an ideal addition to a rotational program to aid in resistance management; it works by preventing cell wall construction via chitin inhibition by enzyme interference.
PH-D is a broad-spectrum, Group 19 fungicide with a 0-day Pre-harvest Interval in strawberries. The product should be applied preventatively, particularly when climatic conditions exist for development of disease. Additionally, PH-D is rainfast when dry on the strawberry leaf, with up to three applications per year for growers.
- National Agricultural Genotyping Center announces partnership
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- EU’s leading plant scientists call for action to defend research
- Digi-Star introduces WeighLog hydraulic weighing system
- Surging U.S. dollar values weighed on ag markets Friday morning
- Responsible Ag begins auditor training, opens training center