Nutrient management education seminars scheduled
The California Association of Pest Control Advisers (CAPCA) has scheduled two nutrient management education events for August 2014. The seminars will be coordinated by CAPCA ED, the continuing education division of CAPCA.
Topics will include macro, secondary and micro nutrients, current agronomic practices, improvements in fertilizer technology, and application that will allow for the efficient use of fertilizer and protection of the environment.
The seminars will provide continuing education hours for PCAs, QALs, QACs and other license/certificate holders. Credit has been approved for the more difficult to acquire Certified Crop Adviser (CCA) CEUs (nutrient management, soil/water, and crop management). The seminars, which will run from 8:00 am to 3:15 pm, are scheduled for:
August 26th - Veterans Memorial Building, Exeter, CA
August 27th - Santa Ynez Valley Marriott, Buellton, CA
Registration cost: $60.00 Pre-registration, $80.00 at-the-door.
Registration and agenda information is available on-line at https://capcaed.com/
- US soy exports to China could drop with crush-margins at 2-yr low
- Corn to see record production for 2014-15
- Maximizing buyer power in volatile markets
- Insight into drought tolerance of TAM wheat varieties
- Ag markets turned mostly lower Tuesday morning
- GMO safety, weed control top concerns as U.S. study kicks off
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Stoller soybean research produces 214 bushels per acre
- Ag markets turned generally mixed Monday morning