Monsanto introduces new green bean variety
Monsanto's Seminis vegetable seed division has introduced Sybaris, a medium-sized green bean for the commercial market.
The plant typically sets pods high off the soil surface, according to a news release.
The deep green pods average 5.6 inches long with an approximate sieve size distribution of 100.
The variety has a 56-day relative maturity, high resistance to bean common mosaic virus and intermediate resistance to rust.
It can go to the fresh market or to processing.
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Agricultural associations respond to government shutdown