Monsanto introduces new green bean variety
Monsanto's Seminis vegetable seed division has introduced Sybaris, a medium-sized green bean for the commercial market.
The plant typically sets pods high off the soil surface, according to a news release.
The deep green pods average 5.6 inches long with an approximate sieve size distribution of 100.
The variety has a 56-day relative maturity, high resistance to bean common mosaic virus and intermediate resistance to rust.
It can go to the fresh market or to processing.
- National Agricultural Genotyping Center announces partnership
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- EU’s leading plant scientists call for action to defend research
- Digi-Star introduces WeighLog hydraulic weighing system
- Surging U.S. dollar values weighed on ag markets Friday morning
- Responsible Ag begins auditor training, opens training center