Monsanto introduces new green bean variety
Monsanto's Seminis vegetable seed division has introduced Sybaris, a medium-sized green bean for the commercial market.
The plant typically sets pods high off the soil surface, according to a news release.
The deep green pods average 5.6 inches long with an approximate sieve size distribution of 100.
The variety has a 56-day relative maturity, high resistance to bean common mosaic virus and intermediate resistance to rust.
It can go to the fresh market or to processing.
- Plant health improvement agents help growers do more with less
- Ag markets suffered a general divergence Wednesday
- Scientists throw light on the mechanism of plants’ ticking clock
- Stress-tolerant tomato relative sequenced
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Farmer community forum focused on farmer data