WinField introduces comprehensive plant nutrition system
MAX-IN Zinc features patented CornSorb technology, which helps increase movement of nutrients through the leaf cuticle to internal leaf structures, leaving more zinc available for plant metabolism. Zinc is one of the key ingredients for success in a plant nutrition program, because it plays a critical role in leaf and vascular growth as well as root development. According to 2013 NutriSolutions Tool results, zinc deficiencies were a common yield-limiting concern in multiple crops. Tissue analysis shows that 80 percent of the corn, 70 percent of the wheat and 60 percent of the cotton tested was deficient in zinc.
Another cornerstone product in the NutriSolutions 360° system is Ascend plant growth regulator. It has been proven to help crops germinate and emerge earlier, grow a more robust root system, and develop larger leaves and wider stems for a stronger plant. When applied in furrow with a starter fertilizer (10-34-0) and Ultra-Che Zinc (chelated), Ascend has a 4.8 bushels-per-acre advantage versus untreated acres over a three year period at 195 sites with replicated trials across the Corn Belt.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?