WinField introduces comprehensive plant nutrition system
MAX-IN Zinc features patented CornSorb technology, which helps increase movement of nutrients through the leaf cuticle to internal leaf structures, leaving more zinc available for plant metabolism. Zinc is one of the key ingredients for success in a plant nutrition program, because it plays a critical role in leaf and vascular growth as well as root development. According to 2013 NutriSolutions Tool results, zinc deficiencies were a common yield-limiting concern in multiple crops. Tissue analysis shows that 80 percent of the corn, 70 percent of the wheat and 60 percent of the cotton tested was deficient in zinc.
Another cornerstone product in the NutriSolutions 360° system is Ascend plant growth regulator. It has been proven to help crops germinate and emerge earlier, grow a more robust root system, and develop larger leaves and wider stems for a stronger plant. When applied in furrow with a starter fertilizer (10-34-0) and Ultra-Che Zinc (chelated), Ascend has a 4.8 bushels-per-acre advantage versus untreated acres over a three year period at 195 sites with replicated trials across the Corn Belt.
- Unmanned aerial vehicles advance agriculture
- Divergent livestock futures highlighted Wednesday's market action
- Update on corn and soybean acreage
- China's cotton growing area, yield expected to decline in 2014
- Farm auction in McLean County, Ill., drew 40 bidders
- Pesticide Safety Education program reaches a 50-year milestone
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Stoller soybean research produces 214 bushels per acre
- Ag markets turned generally mixed Monday morning