WinField introduces comprehensive plant nutrition system
MAX-IN Zinc features patented CornSorb technology, which helps increase movement of nutrients through the leaf cuticle to internal leaf structures, leaving more zinc available for plant metabolism. Zinc is one of the key ingredients for success in a plant nutrition program, because it plays a critical role in leaf and vascular growth as well as root development. According to 2013 NutriSolutions Tool results, zinc deficiencies were a common yield-limiting concern in multiple crops. Tissue analysis shows that 80 percent of the corn, 70 percent of the wheat and 60 percent of the cotton tested was deficient in zinc.
Another cornerstone product in the NutriSolutions 360° system is Ascend plant growth regulator. It has been proven to help crops germinate and emerge earlier, grow a more robust root system, and develop larger leaves and wider stems for a stronger plant. When applied in furrow with a starter fertilizer (10-34-0) and Ultra-Che Zinc (chelated), Ascend has a 4.8 bushels-per-acre advantage versus untreated acres over a three year period at 195 sites with replicated trials across the Corn Belt.
- Responsible Ag begins auditor training, opens training center
- The World Series of ag: What inning is your business in?
- Midwest Cover Crops Guide available to help growers
- Gladstone Land has $24.6 million farm acquisition in California
- Nutrient removal rates by grain crops
- AFBF: What EPA isn’t telling you about its latest CWA rule
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Cronus Chemicals chooses Illinois for fertilizer plant