Trimble Acquires Tru Count Assets to Expand its Precision Agriculture Solutions
Trimble announced it has acquired the assets of privately-held Tru Count Inc., of Ames, Iowa in an all cash transaction. Tru Count is a manufacturer of air and electric clutches that automate individual planter row shut-off. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Tru Count manufactures and distributes air and electric clutches that work on a variety of planters, regardless of make or model. The low-cost Tru Count Air Clutch is placed on each planter row and is controlled with compressed air-pneumatically from the tractor cab by a Global Positioning System system or manual controller. The technology makes it easier for farmers to avoid over planting seed and can save considerable input costs, especially in today's market.
Tru Count clutches are compatible with Trimble's GPS guidance technology, which is a key enabler for their equipment. The combined technology will allow farmers to select the best solution available for use with the different vehicles and equipment on their farm. Tru Count is an industry leader with award-winning, successful technology and was recently recognized by Farm Industry News with a 2007 FinOvation Award for best reader interest in a new product.
"With the asset acquisition of Tru Count, we have an opportunity to partner with an industry leader in a technology that presents an exciting growth opportunity for us," said Erik Arvesen, general manager, Agriculture Division of Trimble. "We are well-positioned to support the flow control and application market and Tru Count offers affordable, industry-leading solutions that work with virtually any planter. Most importantly, the interoperability of their products supports Trimble's strategy to provide universal brand compatibility while offering an affordable, total solution for farmers to manage input costs and save money."
"I am excited about the opportunity to take our business to the next level and Trimble is the right partner to take us there," said Jeff Dillman, president of Tru Count. "The customer demand for air clutch technology continues to grow and we are excited to unite with Trimble to expand our reach outside of North America. Trimble is the best in the business at what they do and GPS is a key enabler for Tru Count technology. We believe this is the perfect match to provide a total solution for farmers."
The Tru Count business will be part of Trimble's Agriculture Division.
No matching related articles at this time.
- What to do now in regards to the 2014 Farm Bill
- Mistakes that hurt a farm's credit
- Mycogen Seeds introduces four new sunflower hybrids for 2015
- China cuts cotton import quotas to boost demand for its own fiber
- Hog futures the exception to bearish ag market rule Monday AM
- Gangster herbicide program update
- Despite USDA approval, Enlist trait faces hurdles
- Activist investor Peltz pushes DuPont to split itself
- USDA approves Dow’s Enlist corn, soybean traits
- Mapping technology help farmers understand soil
- Improve nutrient balance to boost corn yields
- Study shows differences in understanding sustainable agriculture
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report