Trimble Acquires Tru Count Assets to Expand its Precision Agriculture Solutions
Trimble announced it has acquired the assets of privately-held Tru Count Inc., of Ames, Iowa in an all cash transaction. Tru Count is a manufacturer of air and electric clutches that automate individual planter row shut-off. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Tru Count manufactures and distributes air and electric clutches that work on a variety of planters, regardless of make or model. The low-cost Tru Count Air Clutch is placed on each planter row and is controlled with compressed air-pneumatically from the tractor cab by a Global Positioning System system or manual controller. The technology makes it easier for farmers to avoid over planting seed and can save considerable input costs, especially in today's market.
Tru Count clutches are compatible with Trimble's GPS guidance technology, which is a key enabler for their equipment. The combined technology will allow farmers to select the best solution available for use with the different vehicles and equipment on their farm. Tru Count is an industry leader with award-winning, successful technology and was recently recognized by Farm Industry News with a 2007 FinOvation Award for best reader interest in a new product.
"With the asset acquisition of Tru Count, we have an opportunity to partner with an industry leader in a technology that presents an exciting growth opportunity for us," said Erik Arvesen, general manager, Agriculture Division of Trimble. "We are well-positioned to support the flow control and application market and Tru Count offers affordable, industry-leading solutions that work with virtually any planter. Most importantly, the interoperability of their products supports Trimble's strategy to provide universal brand compatibility while offering an affordable, total solution for farmers to manage input costs and save money."
"I am excited about the opportunity to take our business to the next level and Trimble is the right partner to take us there," said Jeff Dillman, president of Tru Count. "The customer demand for air clutch technology continues to grow and we are excited to unite with Trimble to expand our reach outside of North America. Trimble is the best in the business at what they do and GPS is a key enabler for Tru Count technology. We believe this is the perfect match to provide a total solution for farmers."
The Tru Count business will be part of Trimble's Agriculture Division.
No matching related articles at this time.
- TekWear partners up on new crop monitoring technologies
- Harvest delays impact crop performance, study shows
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday
- Sugarcane aphids found in North Carolina
- Online registration open for Dec. 15-16 AGMasters conference
- Export data, equity gains boost crop futures Thursday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta