DuPont’s new Breakfree NXT herbicides
Corn growers have improved options for early season weed control this spring with updates to a well-known DuPont Crop Protection product line. DuPont has launched DuPont Breakfree NXT herbicides, new herbicides that deliver the same benefits as previous Breakfree products in improved formulations.
“The Breakfree herbicide family is known for providing cost-effective, early season weed control in corn,” said James Hay, business director, North America, DuPont Crop Protection. “Breakfree NXT formulations will give growers even better options for getting valuable crops off to a strong start this spring.”
Like their predecessors, flexible Breakfree NXT herbicides allow application from preplant to early postemergence (before corn is 11 inches tall) and can be used in conventional, reduced-till and no-till production systems. They mix easily with other labeled preemergence herbicides, such as DuPont Instigate, Prequel or Resolve Q for even broader-spectrum control. In two-pass programs, Breakfree NXT herbicides can be applied at reduced rates in preparation for Realm Q, Resolve Q, or Steadfast Q applications.
With three formulations to choose from, Breakfree NXT herbicides offer growers flexible options to control challenging grass and broadleaf weeds including barnyardgrass, foxtail lambsquarters, pigweed, ragweed and waterhemp (when used at the full rate).
· Breakfree NXT is an atrazine-free formulation that features a safener to protect young crops and give growers the option to apply at higher rates when targeting challenging broadleaf weeds.
· Breakfree NXT ATZ is an atrazine-based herbicide that provides cost-effective control of a variety of grasses and small-seeded broadleaf weeds.
· Breakfree NXT Lite provides valuable preemergence control of grass and small-seeded broadleaf weeds with a reduced rate of atrazine.
Hay said that while application rates have changed slightly, the new Breakfree NXT formulations fit seamlessly with current crop protection programs to help growers maximize results from every acre. They also are included in the TruChoice rewards program, which helps growers partner seed and crop protection products for the greatest economic advantage.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- El Niño could strike as early as summer
- Fertilizer in small doses yields higher returns for less money
- Research shows GM crops safe, no special labeling needed
- Canada orders railways to boost grain shipments to ease logjam
- New soil health toolbox evaluates plant available nutrients
- Spectacular economic growth in China has a downside: drought
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Ranco Bucket Elevators
Ranco Fertiservice Inc.