Wyffels Hybrids releases new corn hybrids for 2013
Corn growers in Illinois, Iowa and surrounding areas can take advantage of the highest-performing genetics and the latest advancements in seed technology with Wyffels Hybrids. The company rolled out 27 new products, including 12 new base genetics, for 2013.
The new products include conventional hybrids, as well as hybrids featuring Genuity VT Double PRO, Genuity VT Triple PRO, Genuity SmartStax, and Roundup Ready Corn 2 traits. Hybrids with Genuity VT Double PRO and Genuity SmartStax traits are available as Wyffels Refuge in Bag (RIB).
“We continually focus on improving our genetics in each new class of elite hybrids we develop,” said Fritz Behr, vice president of research at Wyffels Hybrids. “These new hybrids have proven they perform with improved yield potential, excellent agronomics and consistency across diverse conditions and environments. We are committed to bringing our customers seed solutions that can help their operations be more profitable, and that are among the most advanced on the market today.”
The new Wyffels RIB products are a single-bag blend of 95 percent traited hybrid with 5 percent refuge seed. No separate, structured refuge is required where this technology is planted.
“The single bag solution to refuge compliance allows growers to minimize on-farm hassles and save time during the planting season,” Behr said. “We offer three Wyffels RIB products for 2012, and are proud to bring eleven new Wyffels RIB products to the market in 2013.”
New for 2013 ‑ Early-season hybrids:
W1787 96 RM (GENVT3P)| W1786RIB (GENVT2P, Wyffels RIB) | W1782 (RR2)
- Excellent yield on compact plant
- Strong roots and stalks allow a wide harvest window
- Very good tolerance to Goss’ wilt
- Exceptional drought tolerance
W1838RIB 97 RM (GENSS, Wyffels RIB)
- Industry-leading yields and solid agronomics
- Adaptable across soils
- Very strong roots and stalks
- Excellent green snap resistance
W2277 100 RM (GENVT3P) | W2276RIB (GENVT2P, Wyffels RIB) | W2272 (RR2)
- Exciting yield performance for maturity
- Excellent stalk and root strength
- Outstanding green snap resistance
- Fast drydown of high test weight grain
W3007 103 RM (GENVT3P)
- Excellent yields even in tough environments
- Outstanding drought tolerance
- Consistent ear size
- Rapid drydown
W3100 103 RM (CONV)
- Impressive yield potential in low- and high-yield environments
- Works well in multiple soil types
- Good staygreen and strong stalks allows for later harvest
- Excellent yield to moisture ratio
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta