Worldwide focus on ag investing conference
“People underestimate the risk [with water management]. There are operational, environmental, litigation and judicial uncertainties,” said Disque Deane, Jr., CIO and co-founder Water Asset Management in New York, who recommended investing in high-quality irrigated farmland with access to assured water rights and then working with the relevant authorities to implement strategies.
Over 200 attendees from the main conference also participated in the newly-added GAI Ag Tech Investment Summit on Thurs., May 2. Through discussions with veteran investors in the space, this full-day session addressed the process of raising capital through traditional avenues, conducting due diligence on portfolio companies, identifying which technologies show the most promise for addressing grower needs and how to structure exits for portfolio companies.
“Agriculture investing is not just an inflation hedge through buying farm land–new technologies are transforming both the capital value as well as the sustainability of ag land,” said Arama Kukutai, managing director and co-founder of a leading ag venture capital firm, Finistere Ventures.
Since 2009, Global AgInvesting has hosted ag investing conferences around the world, with the New York conference being the flagship. The next event in its agriculture investment conference series will be in Singapore, Sept. 24-16, 2013, at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel. More details are at: http://www.globalaginvesting.com/.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
A.J. Sackett Blend Towers
A.J. Sackett Sons & Company