Wilbur-Ellis and Canadian Bio-Systems sign agreement
Wilbur-Ellis Company and Canadian Bio-Systems Inc. announced a joint marketing agreement for distribution of feed enzymes into the U.S. market. Wilbur-Ellis, a marketer and distributor of value-added animal feed ingredients in North America and Asia-Pacific, penned the agreement with CBS to begin distribution this month.
For Canadian Bio-Systems, a manufacturer of products utilized in feed, food and industrial applications, this presents an opportunity for further geographic expansion into the U.S. livestock market and potentially into Asia-Pacific in the months ahead.
"We recognize Wilbur-Ellis' reputation and professional presence in the feed industry, which makes this partnership an excellent fit to enhance our market reach and service to the livestock sector," said Owen Jones, president of Canadian Bio-Systems. "It's apparent that their feed and marketing expertise allows them to make on-the-cusp, knowledgeable decisions, and we can appreciate that as a company."
Jones also said that Canadian Bio-Systems would bring value and efficiency to Wilbur-Ellis' livestock portfolio, ultimately benefiting many of Wilbur-Ellis' poultry and swine customers in the U.S.
Canadian Bio-Systems, a company that provides manufacturing services to the feed industry by focusing on science and technology, coupled with Wilbur-Ellis' marketing expertise and local knowledge of the U.S. livestock market, formulates an "ideal partnership that presents vast opportunities for both companies."
"We're working diligently on growing our livestock portfolio of ingredients as we are increasingly seeing a demand from our poultry and swine customers for ingredients that bring value to their operations," said Ron Salter, president of Wilbur-Ellis' Feed Division.
"In today's livestock market, quality of products is something that cannot be overlooked, and Canadian Bio-Systems provides that quality that our customers can rely on to raise healthy livestock," Salter said.
Wilbur-Ellis will be marketing and distributing a range of Canadian Bio-Systems products tailored to benefit specific livestock sectors.
Wilbur-Ellis' Feed Division has distribution locations throughout North America and 11 countries in Asia-Pacific.
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- New research study shows the value of neonicotinoids
- Alltech Crop Science acquires South African distributor
- Monsanto invests to transform plant breeding
- Fungicide-resistant soybean diseases spreading
- Most crop futures are starting Thursday on a strong note
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement
- No-till may not bring boost in global crop yields
- Los Angeles City Council votes to explore ban on GMO plants
- ASA issues statement on EPA’s neonicotinoid study
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals
- First responders need to prepare for agroterrorism