Wilbur-Ellis acquires S&S Agricultural Supply
Wilbur-Ellis Company announced that it has acquired the assets of S&S Agricultural Supply L.L.C., a high-value, service-focused agronomy business in Watervliet, Mich. The acquisition is a strategic fit to Wilbur-Ellis’ existing Watervliet business. The company will utilize the expansion to provide better value and resources for growers in Southwest Michigan.
The company also plans to introduce more growers to AgVerdict, a comprehensive interactive online system for generating, tracking, reporting and managing crop production supported by Wilbur-Ellis’ agronomic experts. The company also sees sales opportunities in plant protection and other Wilbur-Ellis branded products, as well as opportunities to provide their existing customer base with dry-blend fertilizers.
“The team and existing services of S&S Agricultural Supply has all of the characteristics that Wilbur-Ellis looks for when expanding our business,” said Grant Hart, Wilbur-Ellis Watervliet branch manager. “S&S Agricultural Supply is efficient, highly customer-oriented and has specialty focuses that will strengthen and enhance the services of Wilbur-Ellis in this area.”
“I only considered Wilbur-Ellis when deciding to sell the business,” said Kevin Schuhknecht, owner of S&S Agricultural Supply. “With the long term relationship we have enjoyed in the marketplace, I knew Wilbur-Ellis was best positioned to support and enhance our customers’ experience. We all look forward to joining the Wilbur-Ellis team.”
Schuhknecht will join the Wilbur-Ellis Great Lakes team as operations manager for the Watervliet branch, supporting current branch manager, Grant Hart. Efforts will begin later in the year for already existing facilities owned by Wilbur-Ellis to seamlessly combine with S&S Agricultural Supply’s location.
Founded in 1985, S&S Agricultural Supply is known to have a strong team of crop advisors, efficient service, and lasting customer relationships.
Wilbur-Ellis’ Agribusiness Division generates more than $2 billion in sales revenue and has 165 locations in 25 states throughout the United States.
- Precision Planting launches multi-hybrid planting system
- TIA Farm Tire Service training class offered
- Coolest fall temperatures to remain focused in Central U.S.
- Most ag markets held up surprisingly well Tuesday
- Livestock futures outperformed the crop markets Tuesday morning
- Iowa cover crops: Expected Hessian fly free dates
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease