When to assess hail damage to crops
There are numerous good resources available to help assess hail damage. A couple of these resources include the National Corn Handbook NCH-1, “Assessing Hail Damage to Corn,” and the University of Nebraska Lincoln Extension Publication EC-128, “Evaluating Hail Damage to Soybeans.” Your crop insurance adjuster and Michigan State University Extension local educator are also valuable resources to help make damage assessments and evaluate potential action to take.
- Assessing Hail Damage to Corn, National Corn Handbook NCH-1
- Evaluating Hail Damage to Soybeans, University of Nebraska Lincoln Extension Publication EC-128
- The Soybean Growers Field Guide For Evaluating Crop Damage And Replant Options, University of Minnesota
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Climate change will reduce crop yields sooner than we thought
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants