Wheat seed could need stress reducer
When winter wheat seed is planted, more and more attention is being paid to having that seed treated with seed protectants to get a good stand up and growing, and Stoller USA is promoting its Bio-Forge ST as the seed treatment that could help the most.
Stress is what this year’s winter wheat could go through as much as any year within the last 50 years, and that is what Stoller claims Bio-Forge ST can reduce—stress protection for young plants.
The company has a limited number of independent wheat research results that show wheat yields increased from five bushels to 15 bushels per acre.
Stoller says there are several things wheat farmers can see if they plant seed treated with Bio-Forge ST at a rate of two ounces per hundredweight of seed. At the plant level a farmer could see:
- Enhanced germination
- Stronger seedling vigor
- Rapid, downward root growth
- Fibrous root mass for increased nitrogen
and nutrient uptake
- Slightly shorter stalks and more robust grain heads
- Reduced lodging
- Increased winter survivability
- Higher test weight at harvest
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Conference to address “What’s Next for Farmland Values”
R&R Minuteman Blend System
R&R Manufacturing Inc.