Webinar to address incentives in ag irrigation
The Irrigation Association’s free five-part webinar series will conclude Dec. 12, 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. eastern time, with the topic “Changing how we irrigate: taking advantage of incentives to help farmers upgrade irrigation technologies.”
The complete series of webinars has been titled “Bringing Water to Life,” and it kicked off in the summer of 2013 to bring together water-use experts to discuss current and future challenges and opportunities facing irrigated agriculture.
This concluding webinar will explore the concepts of incentives in agricultural irrigation and will feature experts who know what incentives are available and whether or not they work.
Featured speakers include: Dayna Gross, conservation manager, Silver Creek Watershed, The Nature Conservancy, and a U.S. Department of Agriculture speaker yet to be determined.
Click here to register. For questions about the agricultural webinar series, contact John R. Farner Jr., IA’s government affairs director. Previously recorded webinars in this series can be viewed on IA’s Smart Irrigation Month YouTube channel.
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Climate change will reduce crop yields sooner than we thought
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants