Waters of the United States and the Clean Water Act
"NFU supports including these additional exclusions in the final rule….
"NFU is…pleased that the proposed rule directs EPA to defer to state laws to regulate bodies of water that are fully contained within a state and are not suitable for transportation. I hope that this provision will be included in the final rule [see page 22193 of the proposed rule].
"As EPA reviews comments on the study and finalizes the proposed rule, NFU urges the continued outreach to the agriculture community. Again, I appreciate the opportunity to provide input, and I look forward to continuing to work with you to protect our nation's natural resources."
In the next several columns we will cover the major aspects of the proposed rule submitted by the EPA and the COE so that farmers and consumers, alike, can understand what is at stake in the definition of "Waters of the US" that is being proposed. Those wishing greater detail are urged to follow the link above to read the full text of the proposed rule.
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture