Waters of the United States and the Clean Water Act
"NFU supports including these additional exclusions in the final rule….
"NFU is…pleased that the proposed rule directs EPA to defer to state laws to regulate bodies of water that are fully contained within a state and are not suitable for transportation. I hope that this provision will be included in the final rule [see page 22193 of the proposed rule].
"As EPA reviews comments on the study and finalizes the proposed rule, NFU urges the continued outreach to the agriculture community. Again, I appreciate the opportunity to provide input, and I look forward to continuing to work with you to protect our nation's natural resources."
In the next several columns we will cover the major aspects of the proposed rule submitted by the EPA and the COE so that farmers and consumers, alike, can understand what is at stake in the definition of "Waters of the US" that is being proposed. Those wishing greater detail are urged to follow the link above to read the full text of the proposed rule.
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- Central American farmers generate energy from coffee wastewater
- Big potential in China for U.S. corn, livestock exports
- Outback Guidance introduces next generation auto steer systems
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Court ruling in Hawaii finds that crop protection is state law