WSSA and Northeastern Weed Science Society plan joint meeting
Next month weed scientists, students, educators and professionals from around the world will gather in Baltimore for a joint annual meeting of the Weed Science Society of America (WSSA) and the Northeastern Weed Science Society (NEWSS). The event is scheduled for Feb. 4-7 at the Hilton Baltimore in Baltimore, Md.
“We look forward to our annual meeting each year as a way to stay in touch with our colleagues and share the latest research,” says Rod Lym, president of WSSA. “We explore critical issues and look for ways to collaborate on new weed management solutions.”
A keynote address on agricultural research initiatives and funding will be delivered by Sonny Ramaswamy, Ph.D., director of the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture.
The two societies have scheduled more than 370 presentations and poster sessions on a wide variety of topics of interest to weed scientists. Among them are five special symposia and workshops:
- “Herbicide Application in the 21st Century” will cover both current and emerging pesticide application technologies.
- “Herbicide Resistance Management – The Path Forward” will explore options for managing herbicide resistance.
- “Realigning Your Course to Improve Student Learning” is a workshop focused on improving weed science courses and teaching effectiveness.
- “Environmental Assessment of Herbicide Resistance: Past, Present and Future” will focus on the negative impact of resistant weeds on our environment.
- “Holistic Invasive Weed Management: Integration of Science, Regulation, and Public/Private Policy” will examine techniques that have succeeded and those that have failed in the management of invasive plants.
For more information on the event, visit www.wssa.net/Meetings/WSSAAnnual
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- ARA and TFI provide details of ResponsibleAg program
- FMC to split into two public companies
- Marrone Bio Innovations receives patent for biofungicide
- Central Valley Ag, United Farmers Cooperative propose merger
- As Dow seeks growth, new Enlist crop/chemicals seen as key
- China GMO research funding slides
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Conference to address “What’s Next for Farmland Values”
Speed King Blender
CrustBuster/Speed King, Inc.