Vote for your favorite “farm mom” of the year
American Agri-Women and Monsanto recently announced the regional winners in the 2014 America’s Farmers Mom of the Year Contest. These amazing farm moms have significantly and positively impacted their communities. Now they need America’s support through online voting to determine who will be named “National Farm Mom of the Year.”
“There are so many tremendous stories of strength, perseverance, dedication and leadership that it makes it difficult to narrow it down to just a few winners,” says Jessica Simmons, Corporate Marketing for Monsanto. “Every farm mom deserves to be recognized for the work she does. But with the help of the American Agri-Women, we are proud to present this year’s five regional winners.”
The 2014 regional winners of the America’s Farmers Mom of the Year contest, include:
- Northwest Region: Jennifer Holle (Mandan, N.D.)
- Southwest Region: Heather Dineen (Waxahachie, Texas)
- Midwest Region: Stephanie Essick (Dickens, Iowa)
- Northeast Region: Kristen Nickerson (Worton, Md.)
- Southeast Region: Bethany Pugh (Engelhard, N.C.)
Each regional winner will receive a $5,000 award. Their biographical information and original nomination is currently posted online at AmericasFarmers.com, where visitors can click to vote for their favorite farm mom. The woman who receives the most votes between April 25 and May 6, will be named the “National Farm Mom of the Year” -- just in time for Mother’s Day. As a bonus, she will also receive an additional $5,000 prize.
“Although these women come from vastly different parts of the country and specialize in varied types of farming, it’s clear they have many more common interests that bind them together -- their love of family, community and agriculture,” says Kris Zilliox, of American Agri-Women. “Each one of them represent today’s women in agriculture so well, we have no doubt that we’ll have a fantastic 2014 national farm mom, no matter who America chooses.”
For a list of winners, past or present winner profiles or official contest rules, visit AmericasFarmers.com. Interested parties may also send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to America's Farmers Mom of the Year, Attn: Sue Dillon, 349 Marshall Ave., Ste. 200, St. Louis, MO 63119.
- TekWear partners up on new crop monitoring technologies
- Harvest delays impact crop performance, study shows
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday
- Sugarcane aphids found in North Carolina
- Online registration open for Dec. 15-16 AGMasters conference
- Export data, equity gains boost crop futures Thursday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta