Valent introduces new seed-applied fungicide
Valent U.S.A. Corporation announced that Rizolex fungicide has been registered by the Environmental Protection Agency for use as a seed protectant on soybeans, cotton, sorghum, corn and sugar beets.
When applied to seed as a foundational fungicide, Rizolex delivers unrivaled protection against a broad spectrum of soil borne and seed/seedling diseases, including Rhizoctonia damping-off and Fusarium. The new seed protectant offers a unique and needed mode of action and creates a strong protective zone around the seed for better stand establishment and increased yield across a variety of crops.
"The Rizolex mode of action is in a class by itself. Our research has shown Rizolex provides unparalleled protection against some of the toughest early-season and yield-robbing diseases-helping growers get that important start to the season so they can finish strong," said Karen Arthur, Valent seed protection product development manager.
"Rizolex has also shown exceptional control when partnered with several of our additional seed protectants, both in-development compounds and our NipsIt Suite family of products. We believe Rizolex has a strong future in providing growers the Rhizoctonia and Fusarium control they need as part of their seed protection and disease control strategy."
Shielding the Seed Regardless of the Situation
Arthur said the unique formulation of Rizolex creates a virtual vapor "shield" around the seed-providing a distinctive and persistent protective zone around the seed regardless of the soil type, condition, pH level or any fertilization program.
"Once a seed is put into the soil, it is in a very treacherous environment-from the soil conditions themselves to detrimental pathogens which can cause problems such as Rhizoctonia damping-off and Fusarium seedling decay," Arthur said. "Rizolex delivers long-lasting residual power at low use rates and expands the disease spectrum to provide preventive control on these detrimental pathogens."
Next Generation of Seed Protection
Rizolex is the latest development in new seed protection technology introduced by Valent, joining a powerful and growing portfolio of products aimed at helping growers protect their important seed investments. In the last four years, Valent has introduced NipsIt Inside insecticide for sorghum and rice, Inovate Seed Protectant for soybeans, the NipsIt Suite products for cereals and sugar beets, and Metlock fungicide for corn and cotton.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- USDA’s budget proposal: How will you be impacted?
- UN: China, US climate cooperation raises hopes for global deal
- Crop marekts set back from early-Friday highs
- Even as Japan balks at trade concessions, farmers move on
- Crop pests ‘vastly underestimated’ warns study
- Evogene enhances predictive gene stacking capabilities
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Look at how the rice scheme made Thailand unstable
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
Vertical Floor Blenders