USDA/APHIS extends comment period for GM corn
The U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) today announced a public comment period extension through April 27 on a petition received from Dow AgroScience LLC seeking a determination of nonregulated status for corn designated as DAS-40278-9.
On Dec. 27, 2011, APHIS published a notice in the Federal Register advising the public that we received a petition for corn event DAS-40278-9, which has been genetically engineered to provide tolerance to 2,4-D and aryloxyphenoxypropionate acetyl coenzyme A carboxylase inhibitors, also known as “fop” herbicides.
In addition, APHIS made available for public comment its plant pest risk assessment and draft environmental assessment for DAS-40278-9. These documents can be found at www.aphis.usda.gov/biotechnology/news.shtml.
Notice of this action is published in today’s Feb. 22 Federal Register.
Consideration will be given to comments received on or before April 27. Interested parties may submit comments by either of the following methods:
- Federal eRulemaking Portal: Go to
- Postal Mail/Commercial Delivery: please send your comment to Docket No. APHIS-2010-0103, Regulatory Analysis and Development, PPD, APHIS, Station 3A-03.8, 4700 River Road, Unit 118, Riverdale, MD 20737-1238.
Supporting documents and any comments we receive on this docket may be viewed at http://www.regulations.gov/#!docketDetail;D=APHIS-2010-0103 or in our reading room, which is located in room 1141 of the USDA South Building, 14th Street and Independence Avenue SW., Washington, D.C. Normal reading room hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except holidays. To be sure someone is there to help you, please call (202) 690-2817 before coming.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- El Niño could strike as early as summer
- Fertilizer in small doses yields higher returns for less money
- Canada orders railways to boost grain shipments to ease logjam
- Research shows GM crops safe, no special labeling needed
- New soil health toolbox evaluates plant available nutrients
- Spectacular economic growth in China has a downside: drought
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Ranco Bucket Elevators
Ranco Fertiservice Inc.