USDA reopens comment period for GMO apple
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has reopened the comment period on the Arctic apple, a genetically engineered apple designed to resist browning.
Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc., British Columbia, the variety's developer, is seeking nonregulated status for the apple so it can move without restrictions into conventional apple channels.
The USDA published the original request for comments Nov. 8, 2013, and closed Dec. 9. The new deadline is Jan. 30.
For more information, visit the Federal Register.
- Digi-Star introduces WeighLog hydraulic weighing system
- Surging U.S. dollar values weighed on ag markets Friday morning
- Responsible Ag begins auditor training, opens training center
- The World Series of ag: What inning is your business in?
- Midwest Cover Crops Guide available to help growers
- Gladstone Land has $24.6 million farm acquisition in California