USA Rice now represents 90 percent of growers
The Mississippi Rice Promotion Board voted unanimously in late December to join the USA Rice Federation as of Jan. 1, 2013.
This action brings Mississippi rice farmers together with farmers from other rice-producing states in the USA Rice organization, which now represents about 90 percent of U.S. rice production as well as the industry infrastructure that supports U.S. rice farming, including millers, merchants and exporters, through its member associations.
With this move, Mississippi rice farmers will be represented on the boards of directors of the USA Rice Federation, USA Rice Producers’ Group and USA Rice Council, as well as USA Rice program committees.
- Boxers or Briefs? Underwear buried to demonstrate unhealthy soil
- Tire makers race to turn dandelions into rubber
- Toro releases guide for using micro-sprinklers for IPM
- USDA to fund $25 million in value-added producer grants
- Crop futures mostly higher, livestock prices stabilizing
- Suppress Palmer pigweed with a ryegrass cover crop
- Deere to lay off more than 600 at four U.S. plants
- Slow pace of rail recovery stirs fear of future woes
- The four pillars of seeing opportunities in problems
- New DuPont Afforia herbicide introduced for soybeans
- Cooperative exits retail and automotive business
- RTK brings higher level of accuracy to farmers
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease