USA Rice now represents 90 percent of growers
The Mississippi Rice Promotion Board voted unanimously in late December to join the USA Rice Federation as of Jan. 1, 2013.
This action brings Mississippi rice farmers together with farmers from other rice-producing states in the USA Rice organization, which now represents about 90 percent of U.S. rice production as well as the industry infrastructure that supports U.S. rice farming, including millers, merchants and exporters, through its member associations.
With this move, Mississippi rice farmers will be represented on the boards of directors of the USA Rice Federation, USA Rice Producers’ Group and USA Rice Council, as well as USA Rice program committees.
- New platform to simplify inventory and fertilizer sales
- Cheminova’s dimethoate 4E receives 2(EE) recommendation
- Ag markets proved rather volatile again Thursday
- Potential impact of climate change on rangeland plants
- Ag markets proved decidedly mixed again Thursday morning
- Economy, job market reaps benefits from RFS
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants