USA Rice now represents 90 percent of growers
The Mississippi Rice Promotion Board voted unanimously in late December to join the USA Rice Federation as of Jan. 1, 2013.
This action brings Mississippi rice farmers together with farmers from other rice-producing states in the USA Rice organization, which now represents about 90 percent of U.S. rice production as well as the industry infrastructure that supports U.S. rice farming, including millers, merchants and exporters, through its member associations.
With this move, Mississippi rice farmers will be represented on the boards of directors of the USA Rice Federation, USA Rice Producers’ Group and USA Rice Council, as well as USA Rice program committees.
- Ag markets moved mostly higher Tuesday morning
- Certain ecosystems prove resistant to climate change
- One oft forgotten important fall chore: Sampling for SCN
- Timing of cheatgrass herbicides on wheat
- Cellerate receives EPA certification for cellulosic biofuels RINs
- Partnership to develop nitrogen enhancement technology
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals