Trimble introduces new app for smartphones
Trimble introduced its Connected Farm app for smartphone platforms. This free app uses the built-in Global Positioning System (GPS) of the smartphone for collecting in-field information to aid in fast and accurate decision making. The app allows farmers and agronomists to map field boundaries, mark flags, take geo-referenced photos and enter scouting information for pests.
The announcement was made at the Farm Progress Show.
With this Connected Farm app, farmers and agronomists will be able to:
- Map field boundaries including the calculation of the area (acres or hectares).
- Enter scouting attributes for pests (weeds, insects, diseases) or other points of interest. Attributes include an extensive list of weeds, insects and diseases and allows logging of the severity of a problem, crop conditions and more.
- Capture and geo-reference digital images of pests, field problems or field features—such as rocks, drainage problems, insects or weeds—using the smartphone's built-in camera and GPS.
- View, sort, print and analyze the information by sending to Trimble's Connected Farm web solution for free online access, or by transferring the data to Farm Works Office software.
"We are seeing an increasing number of farmers and agronomists looking for apps they can utilize on their smartphones to help them collect important data from the field," said Erik Arvesen, vice president of Trimble's Agriculture Division. "Trimble's introduction of the Connected Farm app gives farmers an easy-to-use tool to capture field data for later viewing and analysis online, while also providing agronomists with access to additional data they can use to better assess the needs of their customers."
The Connected Farm app for smartphones will be available for download from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store in September 2012. In order to use the Connected Farm app data within Farm Works Office software, current Farm Works users will need the latest software version, which can be accessed by subscribing to the Update Service Plan (USP).
The app is part of Trimble's growing Connected Farm solution, an integrated operations management solution that provides information exchange across the entire farm. Connected Farm provides wireless data transfer between the office and field, vehicle-to-vehicle information sharing and vehicle tracking.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
13-Ton Rotary Direct Drive Blender
Adams Fertilizer Equipment