Topcon turns dirt for Italian center
Topcon Positioning Group announced the groundbreaking of the Technology Innovation District in Concordia, Italy. Community leaders joined Topcon executives as they turned the ceremonial first spades of dirt.
“This Topcon investment is not just about growing our business, it’s about building the future. It’s our hope that this campus will serve as a platform for an expanded community of high-tech organizations to join us in the region,” said Ray O’Connor, president and CEO of Topcon Positioning Systems.
The project scope consists of a 169,000 square meter campus, of which nearly 45,000 will function as head-offices for Topcon-affiliated organizations, Tierra and Infomobility. The plans include constructing offices, logistics facilities and construction and agricultural machine control testing areas. The remainder of the land will be dedicated to technical business services and activities commercially connected to Topcon.
The initial phase of the technology center is expected to be completed by the latter part of 2015, with the entire project finished within four years.
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- Central American farmers generate energy from coffee wastewater
- Big potential in China for U.S. corn, livestock exports
- Outback Guidance introduces next generation auto steer systems
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Court ruling in Hawaii finds that crop protection is state law